View Single Post
Old January 28, 2013, 05:52 PM   #15
Dragline45

Quote:
  • There were some reviews where folks complained about barrel peening on the SR9 and SR9C.
  • The G19 has been around longer.
  • I, personally, didn't like the thought of having a magazine disconnect safety, which the SR series has.
The barrel peening issue was with earlier models from what I understand. Most of the guns sent back to Ruger for peening nowadays are people being too meticulous and picky and don't realize that all barrel hoods show signs of wear, maybe with the exception of a well fit fixed barrel gun. Anytime there is metal on metal contact there will be signs of wear, period.

Here is a picture of my SR9C barrel hood after about 1000 rounds, bought in May of 2012. Granted I refinished my barrel by taking it down to a mirror finish, and polish it with mothers every time I shoot, but point is there is no signs of peening.

As far as the magazine disconnect in the SR series, it was designed to be removed easily, and literally takes less than 2 minutes to do. I also filed down the nub on the loaded chamber indicator so it sticks up about half as much as before, not nearly as unsightly.

Last edited by Dragline45; January 28, 2013 at 06:12 PM.

Page generated in 0.02762 seconds with 8 queries