View Single Post
Old August 1, 2009, 05:56 AM   #4
Bismarck357

Everyone who has posted on this thread has put forth good and valid points. No two situations are the same,neither are the proper responses the same. Vigilent situational awareness at all times is an absolute. When you see what may be a crime taking place you are aware of only so much information,in a matter of seconds you must size up the situation and plan your reaction.
Now heres where alot of people will disagree with me...
Having a CCW and carryin' a gun is not just for self-defense alone,you have a duty as a citizen to safegaurd the lives of others who for whatever reason can't defend themselves. That means at times putting yourself in harms way,but that is something you must accept. The police are not our personal bodygaurds,and they can't be everywhere at once to assist everyone(no disrespect to the police mind you). If your additude is "Its not my problem" or merely sit back,watch the crime happen and report the details later,you are showing "indifference" to those in need;and that in my opinion makes you little better then the scumbag who comited the crime.

Those who have the ability to take action have the responsability to do so.

Feel free to disagree,but this is what I believe.

In no way is it my intention that this post inspire others to go out and take the law into their own hands,it is just my opinion.

Page generated in 0.03509 seconds with 8 queries