View Single Post
Old January 18, 2000, 11:01 PM   #5
EQUALIZER

Victor,

Did you use the vibrating engraver? I tried it on aluminum scrap and with practice looks pretty good. What I'd realy like to do is a frontstrap and blank ms housing with a snakeskin pattern. Its too easy to mess up a uniform pattern with the engraver. I'll probably just use a random deep stippling with the sharp burrs rounded, unless I get any better ideas.

Krebs did a GREAT looking snakeskin pattern for one of the gun mags (American Handgunner or Handguns?). I talked to him and he doesn't do them because he said it takes too long to do and he has to charge too much. I wish I had the equiptment to do it. Best looking I've ever seen.

Just an idea.....I have some of the world's prettiest snakes (not to mention lizard, gator, and frog) in the freezer waiting to have the hides tanned. Has anyone ever seen a reptile skin epoxied and stretched across the frontstrap, secured under the grip panels? I don't know how good it would grip, but I can picture a multicolored snake skin and in my mind looks great.........Awwww, I'll probably just stipple.

robert

Page generated in 0.03654 seconds with 8 queries