View Single Post
Old March 11, 2001, 10:17 AM   #9
Double Eagle

a visit to the dentist...

The most irritating injury I've ever received happened *after* training was over. We had retired to the local pub for a few beverages, and after this, as we were walking home, a friend asked if he could practise his escape from a lock. The traditional form of the escape is a very athletic flip backwards.

Being the idiot that I was, I said "sure", and applied the lock. I felt a kind of burning slapping sensation as something hit me in the mouth.

He'd managed the escape, but he'd also hit me in the mouth with his knee on the way over (accidenatlly, he says). I was stunned for a second, as I realised that the three small white fragments on the pavement were bits of my front teeth. Sheepishly, he picked them up and offered them to me. I was pretty peeved, and said something to the effect of "what the f___ am I supposed to do with those?". Then I calmed down a bit and realised that it was as much my fault as anyone elses'.

It wasn't particularly painful, but the dentists' bill was, and I couldn't bite into my food properly for days.

Page generated in 0.03615 seconds with 8 queries