View Single Post
Old January 12, 2012, 08:09 PM   #16
FairWarning

Many people love to hate them.

I can understand why with all the fakery and posturing, but I have no doubt their guns would make fantastic shooters. The shooting experience is not diminshed by having a restored, non-matching gun, not in the slightest. The big question is are they worth the inflated price? I wouldn't buy one straight from them, but if I could get one second hand online for a steal? You bet. I'm not enough of a purist snob to refuse to enjoy one as a shooter.

A big thing to consider is future resale. You'd get much more from an authentic gun years from now when dealing with collectors in the know, but the average buyer would still be impressed by the clean looking, good shooting Mitchells. Oh well, you'd pay a fortune now for a highly matching gun anyway, so it may even out somewhat. I am not a glass case collector, I shoot everything I own.

The Mitchell's "Certificate of Authenticity" is pure nonsense. There is an ad on gunbroker now talking about an all matching MM, but the bolt is "Force" matched. Why not just call it "Fake" matched?

Page generated in 0.03291 seconds with 8 queries