View Single Post
Old July 26, 2011, 12:45 AM   #12
AnasaziDan

Quote:
I do not understand, you said you were using the Lee Auto-Disk for your powder measure? It will not drop enough powder for your 223 rifle cases. You need to use a Lee Pro-Auto Disk with the Double Disk Set inorder to get a sufficient load of powder for your 223 cases.

Please double check what came with your Lee 1000 Progressive press.

Jim
Jim, My bad. Learning all the nomenclature as well as the mechanics of progressive reloading has me scrambling.

I am using the "Lee Pro-Auto Disk with the Double Disk Set"; however, when the vendor shipped the press it was without the "Double Disk Kit". When I attempted to set up a 25 grain charge for Hogdon H4895 with what was shipped, I discovered that I would need the "Double Disk Kit" and I ordered one. Ironically, when the "Double Disk Kit" arrived the instructions with it were for the Lee Auto-Disk.

I've weighed the disk charges and these are consistent at 25.1 grains. However, using Hogdon H4895 seems to fill the .223 case above the case shoulder and into the neck. Reading C. Rodney James' "The ABCs of Reloading" regarding pressure (page 36) gives me some concern about a case that full.

Thanks

Page generated in 0.02421 seconds with 8 queries