View Single Post
Old August 2, 2010, 06:30 AM   #9
jtmckinney

Brass was swelled

Brass had a noticable swelling above the case head and a couple showed a small anoumt of extra swelling probably where the feed ramp is. I am not surprized. When the barrel is out of the gun and I drop a cartridge in there is more play than I would expect .010 inches. I am new to centerfire pistols and wasn't sure if this just wasn't the way they are made. The number on the barrel matches the numbers on the rest of the gun and box and there wasn't any evidence of damage to slide so I do not think it is a real problem unless I start putting some hotter reloads through. If I reload for this gun I will keep this in consideration.

Been a lot of post about this (Glock bulge) and I wonder if I have an earlier Glock. I think they came out with the 24 in 1994 if one review about this gun was correct and this gun though in great shape could be that old.

I might try a new manufactured barrel, I found one for less that $200 delivered but haven't decided yet. This is deffinately a fun gun to shoot but maybe not one to push in the power of load's to make it do something it is not.

I actually think this is fun!
James
When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; When I am stronger than you, I take away your freedoms because that is according to my principles. Frank Herbert "Children of Dune"

Page generated in 0.03535 seconds with 8 queries