Thread: Press Upgrade
View Single Post
Old June 7, 2013, 01:30 PM   #25
BigJimP

Yes, Dillon will warranty a press even if you buy it used....

But used presses are sometimes "bubba-fied" ....with all kinds of thing sort of patch-worked together....and sometimes the previous owner has taken exceptional care of them....

e-bay, etc....give me heartburn / when it comes to something I know I'm going to keep for a long time - I tend to buy it new. Over time, if you take care of this 650, it'll go up in value !!
-----------
I'm not trying to talk you out of a 650 ....I think its a really smart decision / but all of the Dillon presses the SDB and the 550 and the 650 all have easily changeable tool heads. Yes, most of us that load a lot of different calibers .....have separate toolheads ready to go ....with quick change kits installed ( dies, powder check, and powder measure already installed in the tool head ).....so it makes changing calibers really easy.

You will need a large primer feed ....for .45 acp, .44 mag ...etc...

a small primer feed for 9mm, .40S&W, .357 mag....

you need a conversion kit ...and dies ....for each caliber.

I recommend the "Strong Mount" as well....but you can add it later too.
-----------
Your bench may be ok .....or it may not ....if it flexes too much / you'll need to reinforce it with more legs or something. 2 X 4's flex quite a bit .../ or more than you would think....
----------
Its the capatilistic way .....but profiteers ...at my local gunshows ....are selling new 650's in the box for at least $ 100 over list...

I know Dillon is adding another shift at their facility -- to try and cut down on their backlog....but they're backordered on a lot of machines and dies, etc...( especially in 9mm, .223, .45acp.....)....

Page generated in 0.02611 seconds with 8 queries