Thread: Holster for M&P
View Single Post
Old July 3, 2013, 02:30 PM   #2
ClydeFrog

Blackhawk SERPA, Safariland, Bianchi-intl....

For the popular Smith and Wesson M&P series, there are a few decent picks for a general use/outdoor holster.
Many gunners & armed professionals like the polymer holsters & rigs from Blackhawk, www.blackhawk.com Safariland, www.Safariland.com , Galco, www.usgalco.com or Bianch-intl; www.bianchi-intl.com .
The Blackhawk SERPA can be adjusted & worn strong or cross-draw. It has a simple retention system that is easy to use. Note; some gun owners have stated the SERPA can jam with mud, snow, dirt, etc. I've owned a M&P left hand SERPA holster with no major problems
Many gun owners & outdoor rec types like the Safariland ALS & SLS holsters. They are secure & can be adjusted for carry angles/belts.

The milspec or military type Bianchi UM92II holster line may meet your needs. It will fit a M&P Full Size .40 or 9x19mm & can be converted to a # of carry methods(SAS-leg, tanker or chest, strong side or cross draw, shoulder, etc). It comes with a flap or a optional thumb break & it fits any size belt up to 2.25" wide. The UM92II is based on the Bianchi Intl M12 holster, the highly respected & tested holster for the US armed forces/M9 9mmNATO.
The Bianchi holsters come in woodland camo, black, tan & 3 color desert camo.
It's handy & a great way to protect your M&P but to be fair, the metal clips of the Bianchi UM84/M12/UM92 line may dig into your side or snag on your clothes.
I used a Bianchi UM84R in the black format as a duty rig for my Ruger GPNY .38spl revolver in the mid-2000s. I'm left handed & worn the holster different ways; strong-side, cross-draw, flap on/flap off. The Bianchi thumb-break did not fit the R or revolver type UM series holster.

ClydeFrog

Page generated in 0.02812 seconds with 8 queries