View Single Post
Old December 24, 2012, 08:10 PM   #22
testuser

I'd say these rifles are most useful for defense of large expanses of property and in the case of the break down of law and order, like the aftermath of a natural disaster or during a riot. I've watched a party spill into a street and turn into a destructive mob before...no fun!

Well, what good does any repeater serve? Heck, why do you even need metallic cartridges? Couldn't you successfully hunt with an in-line muzzleloader and defend your property with 1860 Colt Army? Can't some form of self defense be achieved with a stun gun, pepper spray sword, club, axe or bare hands?

Better yet, why couldn't you just own ONE gun? Isn't that all you need?

They seem like silly questions, but it's definitely the kind of arguments anti-gunners use. The real answer is, good people have the right to self defense and should be allowed weapons that are common for that purpose.

The best analog, to guns, I find, is alcohol. What purpose does alcohol serve in our society? It causes more deaths than firearms, is dangerous to the user and those surrounding him, serves no practical purpose. (Alcohol was also unsuccessfully banned at one point.) Perhaps beer should be legal and whiskey banned, since it has a higher alcohol content?

Last edited by testuser; December 24, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.02196 seconds with 8 queries