Thread: Medusa revolver
View Single Post
Old December 21, 2009, 04:14 PM   #39
Lar45

For a multi-caliber semi-auto handgun, I have a Star Super in 9mm Largo. I modified it to shoot 38 Super and it will feed and shoot most everything from 380 to 38 Super. I cut a small lip in the hood for the semi-rim of the 38 Super to headspace on. The magazine lips needed tweaked a little also. I cut down a recoil buffer for a 1911 to fit, but I'm not sure if it really needs it.

If you look at the bullet weight and velocity of the 9mm Largo and 38 Super, they are really close. The length and diameter of the cases are almost identicle. The Star Super looks like a well built solid gun and should be much stronger than the Astra 400 blow back that everyone is going to holler saying, you can't shoot 38 Super in a 9mm Largo...

I can load a magazine with a mix of 9mm Para, 9mm Largo and 38 Super and it will feed, cycle and shoot them all without any problems. It will feed and fire a 380, but it doesn't have enough power to cycle the slide.
I'm sure someone is going to say it's bad for the extractor. I'm not planning on shooting it with odd ammo every day, but if I needed to it's nice to know that it will.

Page generated in 0.02917 seconds with 8 queries