View Single Post
Old June 23, 2008, 10:06 AM   #39
bds32

I just read this thread for the first time. I first want to commend the original poster for having a warrior mindset and seeking training that will save other's lives (not just his own). By his comments, He stands on the thin blue line along with the police.

I'm surprised at the number of posters who advocate doing nothing even though you are armed. Women and children being slaughtered in the mall and you run and hide even though you have a means to stop the murderer? Worried about legal repercussions while a monster is roaming around, destroying human life?? It's time more non-LEO folks took up the warrior mindset. I'm a police officer and I advocate more armed and trained law abiding citizens. Because, the hard core facts are this: many lives will have already been lost by the time the police get there. As it has been on all but about two instances in this country.

If you don't have the weapon and the training then by all means don't engage. But if you do, then engage. Going after an active shooter is still gunfighting but instead of being defensive, you're on the offensive. Ninety nine times out of 100, it will be a single shooter. Take the fight to him, put him on the defensive and put him down with accurate fire. You don't need to be a police officer to train for this. Go to a range, set up multiple targets at varying distances then shoot (and aggress on the targets if your range situation allows it. ) Work with whatever you carry concealed. Practice reloads, use of cover and malfunction drills. If you don't have a range, then make your gun safe and use your empty house or apartment to dry fire and train in. It's all about mindset: either you are a sheep or a sheepdog. There is no in between.

Page generated in 0.02013 seconds with 8 queries