Thread: GunVault Issues
View Single Post
Old October 1, 2002, 09:20 AM   #7
Paul in RI
Registration in progress

FYI

BTW, you can program out the beeping.
After a trouble free year with my large vault, I started to train my wife on its use ( nightly actually). I uncovered a potential problem you should be aware of.

The vault recognizes six inputs, but will allow less. If you make a mistake it will go into sleep mode after 24 entries.(a simo entry = 2 BTW). If you program your code to 4 entries for example, and mess up on one entry, you can't just keep entering it in and expect it to work. Example code= 1,2,3,4. you enter 1,2,4, it doesn't open so you re-enter 1,2,3,4. The vault sees 1,2,4,1,2, which is not your code, and it won't open. Enter enough codes and it sleeps, not good. You can wait for it to rest, but that's not a good option if a BG is on the way.

My solution was to use the full six codes. That way if it doesn't open with the first try you can just keep entering the code untill it does open. (in other words you won't be changing the order of the string of numbers).

This is kind of hard to explain in words, try it. It scared the heck out of me when I realized the consequences.

Page generated in 0.02129 seconds with 8 queries