View Single Post
Old September 3, 2013, 04:59 PM   #13
Babychief

IVER JOHNSON EAGLE 1911 best value !!!!!

Hello,
I compete in USCA twogun and my occupation as a P.S.C. Has allowed me to fire almost every manufacturer in numerous calibers.

I own many COLT 1911s, my edc is a MKIVA SERIES 80 officer. However recently i picked up an IVER JOHNSON since they are based out of Florida where i live and it is the most cost effective 1911 with better fit and finish than my kimber/colts. Im not a fan of R.I.A. Philipino 1911s so i was skeptical about the IVER JOHNSON EAGLE but at $500(standard)-600(w rail)-$800(zombie edition),i chose the iver johnson eagle shortly after i compared it to my other 1911s costing more than double.
Ive had NO ISSUES with FTF nor FTE, i had bought one with a case that a piece of the plastic case hinge had a small issue and IVER JOHNSON replaced it entirely FREE of charge FREE shipping! I cannot say that about other companies ive dealt with in the higher end 1911market.

Here are the stats on the IVER JOHNSON EAGLE i bought for $550
Government size deluxe model, 5" bbl;* Matte blue finish;* Millett, white outline, fully adjustable rear sight and dovetail front sight;* Beveled magwell;* Thin cut angled serrations on front and*rear of slide;* Barrel is black and then polished in the port section;* Lowered & flared ejection port;* 3 hole skeleton smooth trigger w/ finger relief cut in frame;* Skeleton hammer;* Beavertail grip safety with memory cut;* Extended slide stop and thumb safety;* Flat, serrated steel back strap;* Iver Johnson exotic walnut large diamond grips w/ fine line checkering & owl head logo.*

Anyone in my area of volusia county FL,can contact me and if your close to my private range i will let you compare my IVER JOHNSON to another 1911.
Im so happy with it hence the reason i took the time to write about it.
I compare the performance and features to my OLD ROCK RIVER all steel 1911 which was $1500used. For $550 in my professional opinion you just cant buy a better 1911. The magazines are also quality BTW, ive had issues with all my split foot COLT mags when used in conjunction with aftermarket (wilson combat) extended slide catch, however the IVER JOHNSON EAGLE performed flawlessly.

Page generated in 0.03279 seconds with 8 queries