View Single Post
Old September 1, 2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Dirty Dan

Long gun on a motorcycle(Texas)

Wow, what a great question, Sabre9mm! Yeah, got me to thinking about it, and I have never seen anything in black & white, that specifically covers it either. Called the county, in Central Texas where I live and broached the question to them. Their answer was, you are still covered under "castle" coverage, only difference is, you only have two wheels. I was strongly urged to carry it in a case, to lessen possible concerns, and, even though the State of Texas does not prohibit it, to carry it with the chamber empty, as some municipalities prohibit traveling with a "loaded: weapon. I personally don't think the municipal ordinance(s) could trump State Law, however, discretion dictates this only as common sense. I suspect you are a CHL holder, as am I, but your question has nothing to do with a short gun. Good luck going to the range, and I would seriously doubt you would have any problem with the local/State LEO's. I would go right now myself, but like to go with someone, as it always seems to be more enjoyable! Need a ride!

Page generated in 0.04295 seconds with 8 queries