View Single Post
Old March 16, 2013, 07:41 AM   #16
cryogenic419

I've got a Nightforce on my .308 bolt gun and have been very happy with it.

Its not the lightest scope out there but the thing seems to be built like a tank. I know there are some even higher priced scopes out there with slightly better optical qualities but the Nigtforce has pretty damn good optical quality.
I looked through a bunch of different scopes Leupold, Bushnell, Zeiss, Swarovski, Trijicon, Nikon, Nightforce, and Schmidt and Bender. You could definately see a difference between the lower dollar scopes compared to the higher dollar ones. Once you got to the higher dollar ones there wasn't that huge of a difference in optical clarity. After optical quality, good solid construction was the next consideration. Then come the bells and whistles.

Once I found a few that I liked I went to a bunch of different forums just seeing what problems or complaints people might have had with different brands. I really didn't see much in the way of anybody bashing Nightforce, thats not to say nobody has ever had problems I'm just saying at the time I didn't see much out there.

What ultimately sold me was price for what they were offering. They had extremely good build quality, very good optical quality, wide selection of reticles, and as a bonus the reticle illumination. Settled on a NXS 5.5-22×56 with the NP-R2 reticle.

Page generated in 0.02753 seconds with 8 queries