View Single Post
Old February 5, 2010, 06:49 PM   #103
mr-geep

Scouting a new area to hunt in the National Forest, about 15 miles from the nearest small town, I crossed the river and followed a game trail about 400 yards to a little clearing with a small cottonwood in the center of it. The leaves had all fallen off the tree, but it looked like it had been decorated for Christmas. I walked up to it for a closer inspection and found that the decorations were small dead birds and mice tied to the branches with little pieces of string and yarn. There were also big leaves all tied up in little packages and also tied on the branches like ornaments.
I tore open one of the leaves and there were little pebbles, dried berries, smaller leaves and flowers and something that felt like cooking oil. The whole thing was very erie, like something off of the Blair Witch project. I high-tailed it outta there and never went back.
A few years later, I was talking to a gal who runs a candle shop in town. She told me there were alot of Wiccan women around, and that may have been a "prayer tree" or something. I live in a small town, but she said you would be surprised at the number of Wiccan's running through the woods to "be with nature".....Nudest women running through my hunting area I could handle, but I dont know about Nature loving, men hating women.

Page generated in 0.02123 seconds with 8 queries