View Single Post
Old January 17, 2009, 04:04 PM   #10
pooka

my 38h

Hi, new to the forum, but I just wanted to chime in w/ some info on my pistol. Mine is a crown N proof, sn 261xxx, no thumb safety, and orig red rear, yellow front painted sights(paint somewhat dull and chipped) It has what I believe to be original dull grips, 95% orig finnish, some wear to f/s. On the rt side of slide is the roll marking "PATENT" and stamped just fwd of ejection port "Gewehr Richter"
Cottbus
don't know the meaning of that stamp? The pistol shoots well, cocks and decocks as it should. I'v had the pistol for about 28 yrs, traded a Schwinn Varsity 10 speed to my old partner when he retired off the Job. Got the 38h and a CZ-24, he rode the bike for years and actually got into 100 mile races! He got the pistols from his deceased dad, who brought them back from Europe in WW2. He is a more practical guy who thought the rounds (32acp,380acp) too anemic for a backup gun, and being an old time cop, he preferred a wheelgun any way. Me, I just think they're great to collect and occassionally shoot.

Page generated in 0.03623 seconds with 8 queries