View Single Post
Old March 27, 2011, 08:15 PM   #3
Jim243

Welcome to the forum and to reloading. When you ask for the "best" that is a very subjective question, what I may think as best, someone else may think of as not the best. Each rifle, pistol and revolver is different so you will have to decide which is best, all we can do is give you "good" sugestions.

I use basicly Hodgdon and Winchester powders H-335, H-4895, IMR-8208 XBR will work well for 223 and 308. For the 45 ACP (Auto) you will need to use pistol powder instead of rifle powder, My favorite is Winchester 231, I use it for 9mm, 38 spl, 40 S&W and 45 ACP.

As to primers, I have had good luck with Winchester primers in SR, LR, SP and LP. I also use CCI primers for Small Pistol and Small Pistol Mag.

For a suppresed 308 AR, sorry can not help you, never wanted to apply for a Class III permit or pay the Fee and go with the restrictions. Not even sure they are legal in my State.

And finally most 45 ACP will use Large Pistol primers, some overseas cases will use Small Pistol primers but they are few and far between (Large Pistol primers of any brand will work).

Jim

Page generated in 0.02853 seconds with 8 queries