View Single Post
Old July 31, 2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Sevens

Nice numbers! Impressed with the Hornady, no doubt.

I've been toying with Power Pro 300-MP and my early returns are that it is MORE MORE MORE of the SAME SAME SAME in this ballgame -- to be specific, it seems to be more wild (nearly irrational) claims and "data" from the published source (of course, the folks who sell the powder), but in reality it ends up being a decent powder, no better or worse than all the best players already in the game, and returning no outrageous velocity results that turns the whole game upside down on it's head.

If you wish to play with Power Pro 300-MP, my suggestion would be to buy a ONE POUND bottle of it and give 'er a go. But save your dough on a big jug purchase. The "claimed" publish velocities aren't happening and true sources for published and tested load data are just this side of "do NOT exist."

I'm not saying this is a bad powder. In fact, I've enjoyed a lot of the playing around I've done with it thus far (though I'm still early in my dealings with it.) But some of the velocities I'm seeing simply aren't going to deliver on the eye-popping numbers Alliant will show you.

Definitely share the results of your testing with this powder, though. There's just so little information being shared out there.

Page generated in 0.02366 seconds with 8 queries