View Single Post
Old November 7, 2009, 08:38 AM   #17
Uncle Buck

I think with practice anyone can make difficult shots. But honestly, how many people do that kind of practicing?
Go to any of your sports stores and see how many people are just getting around to buying targets and all the latest, greatest, deer killing supplies a few weeks before they are supposed to hunt.
Like a previous poster stated about finding deer later with arrows (and bullet holes) in them because of poorly placed shots, it is a waste of a good animal and, in my opinion, unethical.
I remember being called to the elementary school on an air force base because there was a dead dear with an arrow sticking through it's neck. That was a wonderful sight for those kids to see as they started school that morning. I am sure it endeared hunting to them.
My personal favorite is the deer found when cutting corn. We found three deer with arrows in them in one twenty acre field. (Here in Missouri, we usually have the corn and beans cut before rifle season, but I have found deer after a late harvest with bullet holes.)
The first impression I got when I read your original post was "go ahead and take those less than ideal shots." While I do agree that you can take less than ideal shots, I do not feel that you properly emphasized the training/practice aspect of the task in the first post. This is not a slam against you, but a word of advice to those of us who are reading this posting: Practice, Practice and then Practice some more.

Page generated in 0.03574 seconds with 8 queries