View Single Post
Old May 22, 2013, 10:26 PM   #59
armoredman

I posted my experience with the then-new UPS Mail Innovations when I ordered from Optics Planet, and THEY changed the shipping which I had paid from from UPS Ground to UPS MI. Now with most people, this isn't an issue, you can get mail delivered to your address - we don't HAVE direct mail in this 1/2 horse town, so everyone has to drive in to the contract post officer to a PO box. The "closest post office" was decided by UPS to be about 70 miles from me, and the fun began. That package bounced all over the United States for over a month, and never made it to me. Optics Planet gave me nothing but trouble over the whole thing, and will never receive a dime of my money again.
Quote:
Here's a very simple fix, people. Use ONE STANDARD ADDRESS to order.

Your Name (where it says...)

--in address line 1-- ENTER YOUR STREET ADDRESS

--in address line 2-- ENTER YOUR PO BOX

and then finish the rest like you're a big boy or girl.
You're forgetting one thing, Kemo Sabe - I don't HAVE to when they deliver correctly to the address provided. Second, not everyone has a PO box - I didn't for 40 years.
I recently ran into the exact same problem with T-Mobile - it took 5 p[hone calls of 45 minutes each and 7 people before I got to someone who could fix it - and this was with KNOWING what would happen if they didn't follow directions. They eventually listened.
As for Midway, I have never once had any problems with them - the one time a box came open in flight, as it were, Midway shipped out replacements for the damaged merchandise that day. All of my packages have come in exactly on time to destination...because I use UPS Ground.
USPS may be good for some, but not for me - the contract post offices are the worst, minimum wage employees with a whole lot of access...

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries