Thread: .36 London 1851
View Single Post
Old January 31, 2013, 09:46 PM   #9
ZVP

The Piettia "tail" is the most often disputed error they made. The taik is too sharp and as was said, "makes thee revolver shoot higher than it already does!
I reshaped the grips on a '51 .44 caliber "standard" Navy model and just rounding that tail away made all the difference in the world! I touched-up the frot grip base a tiny bit to hasten getting my little finger underneath it.
Still the "fuller" Peacemaker grip is even better on the hand and it turns the London '51 into a pleasure to hold. The Pecemaker also has a filled-in section at the front of the grip assembly whch further aids ones "hold"
I haven't actually held a Piettia but the grip looks exactlly like my Uberti's and should be just as good.
My Piettia mod assists my hold but really dosen;t exactlly mimic the Peacemaker style. What makes the Uberti so different is the smoothness of oleration that it has The action feels like a custom job! So smooth and light!
Given the quality differences between the two brands, I'd go with the Uberti if at all possible.
JMHO,
ZVP

Page generated in 0.02757 seconds with 8 queries