Thread: Ted Nugent
View Single Post
Old August 20, 2013, 08:03 AM   #50
Skans

Quote:
.....but he appeals to the emotions of people who already support gun rights, and who like the idea of giving the finger (metaphorically or otherwise) to authority
This is true, but keeping our pro 2nd Amendment friends and gun owners excited about preserving their gun rights it is just as important as those people who reach out to non-gun people to hopefully recruit a few to our side every now and then. We can't just have one type of person who's only goal is to recruit non-gun folks to our side.

Ted Nugent isn't for everyone. He doesn't represent everyone, heck, he probably doesn't actually represent anyone. He is, and has always been, a loose cannon who happens to share a passionate interest in guns, shooting and hunting. I don't have to be like Ted, or act like him just to be glad we have him on our side. And, although I recognize that he is not the be-all-end-all spokesman for preserving our 2nd Amendment rights, I think he generally contributes positively and is a small but important piece in the Big Picture.

FWIW, I did a very quick count of favorable vs. unfavorable comments (trying not to double up where people posted more than once) concerning Ted Nugent, and the favorable comments are running just under 2 to 1 unfavorable. Like him or hate him, I feel Ted Nugent resonates with a large number of people who like shooting and support the 2nd Amendment. Do we really need to force everyone to like only intellectuals in suits and ties who speak softly and eloquently?

Last edited by Skans; August 20, 2013 at 08:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.02701 seconds with 8 queries