View Single Post
Old September 8, 2013, 09:26 AM   #64
bedbugbilly

I think it's going to be a "crap shoot" jsut to find some. I stop at gun shops when I see them (or other chain stores that carry ammo) and it's always seems to be the same - "nope, haven't got any". If the supply eventually does loosen up, I think the price may drop some but like has been mentioned, I don't think they are going to be at the pre panic prices.

Just my thoughts . . . . I wonder why I can go into a store and seem to find oodles of shotgun shells . . . but very little in terms of CF cartridges? I know all about "production runs", etc. but I just think it's a little odd?

I was talking with a guy in a LGS the other day and we were discussing the fact that firearms sales are still up . . . but when you buy one, there's no ammo on the shelf to shoot in it. i've shot for 50 + years and I have to say that I never thought I would be looking at getting handguns in a variety of calibers - .380, 9mm, 38 spl/357, 45ACP, etc. to use based on the availability of what caliber ammo you could run across in stock on the shelves. Crazy.

It certainly makes reloading look like a good option . . . but then, how are the supplies of primers, powder, etc.? Last winter, when I was in AZ, all of those reloading supplies were in very short supply as well. Has that improved any?
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02710 seconds with 8 queries