View Single Post
Old January 25, 2009, 01:21 PM   #10
CajunBass

Quote:
Well they dropped the Roebuck quite a while ago. He probably has never heard of montgomery Wards either.
I bought my S&W model 41 at Wards in 1980. Sears used to brand the guns they sold as JC Higgins IIRC. To my knowledge Sears hasn't sold guns in quite a while.
Well, yea. They did. Actually I don't think I ever saw a J.C. Higgins gun in a Sears store. I know they did brand them as that, but all I ever saw was "Sears" brand, and "Ted Wiliams," with Ted Williams being the upgrade model.

First gun I ever bought, was a "Sears/Roebuck" brand double 12 ga, a rebranded Stevens Model 311. 30" barrels, full and modified. My mother ordered it on the phone, from the Sears Catalog in those long ago, pre GCA 1968, days. They delivered it right to the house same as they did bedsheets and handsaws.

Both shotguns I got today are "Sears/Roebuck" brand. One is a Mossberg 500, and the other a Winchester 1200, just stamped "Sears."

And just like they do "Wal-Mart" guns today, people said that "Sears" guns were seconds, and rejects, back then too.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page generated in 0.02526 seconds with 8 queries