Thread: Affordable?
View Single Post
Old November 30, 2000, 06:15 PM   #8
Monkeyleg

Well, Mr. Groom-to-be , you'll need a press (obviously), a scale, a powder dispenser (unless you want to measure ad finitum), a case trimmer, a primer pocket cleaning tool and some dies. That's the minimum, although there's other stuff that makes it a bit easier. Dies will cost you about $25 for each caliber you want to load. You should be able to set yourself up with a good-quality single stage press and all the goodies for about $200 to $300 depending upon brand and how many goodies you want. But you'll recoup those costs (unless you count your time) in just a few hundred rounds. Federal .45ACP Match ammo around here costs $22 per 50 rounds. I can load 100 rounds of ammo that's more accurate for about $6. In the past year I've saved nearly $2300 just on .45 ACP ammo alone. Of course, I'm now shooting more than I ever did as well, since I can now afford it.

Dick
Want to send a message to Bush? Sign the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/monk/petition.html and forward the link to every gun owner you know.

Page generated in 0.03150 seconds with 8 queries