View Single Post
Old February 21, 2008, 08:51 PM   #39
Cold Steel

Well, MILITEC-1 doesn't claim to be a CLP. Don't rightly know about WeaponShield, though it's name implies it probably preserves, but it may not be the best at that.

This has been a confusing topic, frankly, because I'm not a lube expert. When a good lubricant becomes a good preserver, does it introduce any particles or properties that alter its lubrication capability in any way?

What about Eezox Synthetic Gun Oil and Kano Kroil Penetrating Oil and Bore Cleaning Solvent? I've heard good things about both of these.

But where does the hype end? Based on Ze's review, I'm probably going to try both WeaponShield and MILITEC-1. I've alro read other reports where the latter was still detectable in a barrel even after many rounds had been fired through it. I can tell you that didn't happen with BreakFree! BreakFree might have increased velocity for a clip or two of ammo, but then it kind of blew out and was gone.

But in answer to you, Tempast45, yep, I would buy MILITEC-1 despite its poor corrosion resistance unless I could be absolutely sure that WS would be just as effective a lube and add the protection I was after.

I'm sorry Ze lost those photos. I am getting a free sample of Militec being sent to me and I'm anxious to see if it will increase the reliability of some of my little guns. I have one small .32ACP made by Bryco or something like that, which I found in my safe. Looks like it's never been shot and I have a full box of .32 ammo. Can't decide to shoot it or sell it.

Makes a great paperweight and has a purty nickel finish.

Page generated in 0.02095 seconds with 8 queries