View Single Post
Old May 3, 2001, 03:01 PM   #4
Paul B.

Wolfz. You might be able to adapt the .357 shot capsule for use in 9MM (they may not feed and may have to be single loaded) but other than 38/357 and 44Spl/44Mag., I'm afraid you may be out of luck. I don't think the 38/357 capsules hold enough shot to be really worthwhile, but the one time I had to shoot a snake, the .44 Mag. with Speer capsule, loaded with 71/2 shot put the quietus to one each rattler in a hurry. My fault really. I didn't see him and stepped on him. He was quite right to be pi$$ed off. If I see the snake, I walk around him and leave him be. He's probably more afraid of you than otherwise.
Besides, unless you screw up like I did, or the snake is invading your territory (around your home, or in it, or is close enough to be a threat to your children, I see no reason to kill them. They eat disease carrying rodents, like mice with Hantavirus and Bubonic Plague. Also, bullsnakes are easily mistaken a lot of time for rattlesnakes, and they are very beneficial.
We have lot's of snakes down here in the Tucson area, so I know where you are coming from. But, still and all, if the snake wants to go his way, I'll just go mine. After all, it's his territory. He was here first.
Anyway, off my soapbox, and back to the thread. The .44's work real good in my experience. The .38/357's I consider boderline, due to the smaller amount of shot they can carry. .30's, and .32's, I feel will not carry enough shot, and so far, nobody I know makes a capsule for 10MM. There is an outfit, called Remco, I believe, that makes a 45 cal. shot capsule that already has ther shot installed, but i have not seen anything about them in several years.
Paul B.

Page generated in 0.03423 seconds with 8 queries