View Single Post
Old October 17, 2005, 09:09 PM   #21
JohnKSa
Staff

I will not be taken captive in my home.

I had an ND in my kitchen awhile back. No one in the neighborhood called the cops. That's when it really hit home for me that whatever happens in my house is pretty much off the radar for the rest of the neighborhood. And THAT means that once I'm a prisoner in my own house, there's not much chance that anyone will figure it out until the criminals have accomplished their purpose. Even if they shoot someone, and no matter how much screaming goes on, it's highly unlikely that anyone but the people in the house will notice.

I guess I could HOPE that they'll just take stuff and leave, but I don't believe that depending on the humanity and mercy of criminals is very wise.

Talk of "escalating the situation" only makes sense if one assumes that you already know the outcome. That is a false assumption. You have no way of knowing the outcome until it happens, and by then it will be too late. Maybe these guys are the same guys that have been robbing, or maybe they're not robbers at all, they're BTK copycats. Or maybe they are the same guys and after getting away with it for so long they have decided to up the stakes a bit and find out what a rape or murder is like.

Page generated in 0.02002 seconds with 8 queries