View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 12:20 PM   #19
MLeake

Vanya, depending on how I look at it, I could agree with you or disagree with you.

For instance, if I were going to compete in 3-gun, the odds are I'd look at what equipment (slings, ammo carriers, sight setups, etc) the people who perform well are using, and I'd try to acquire that. It might make me look like a ninja, but if it had an actual purpose, then it would be silly not to use it because it made me look like a ninja.

On a similar note, I know some SOF guys who get annoyed with guys who wear 5.11 or Arcteryx gear, Merrell or Salomon hiking shoes, etc, because they think they are trying to look high-speed, low-drag. Personally, I like Arcteryx pants because I like cargos, and I have found first-hand that the Arcteryx fabric stands up well to rocks, thorns, sticks, and even on one occasion a badly handled knife. (Actually, the knife opened up in my pocket, I wasn't handling it at the time; cut me, but barely nicked the pocket.)

There's a reason a lot of the SOF guys like some of that gear.

So, if it looks "tactical" but serves no purpose, I can see the complaint. If it looks tactical, but actually does something useful, I can't.

Page generated in 0.03529 seconds with 8 queries