View Single Post
Old July 23, 2007, 11:54 AM   #7
ZeroJunk

I have a problem with any hunt where a man pays to be taken to a known trophy.It's great if you scout and find him or even stumble on him yourself.I mix my deer with beef fat and grind it up anyway most of the time,and can't tell a lot of difference between a "trophy" or a doe.And ,I always use my meat,squirrel ,rabbit ,duck,elk,whatever.But ,I am not going to have a sanctimonius heart attack if somebody runs in to deer of a lifetime in a place where they can't get the meat out,and takes the shot.One needs to understand that deer are a nuisance here.I have seven strands of electric fence around my garden just to have some beans and sweet corn.There were twenty four deer in my neighbors soy beans a couple of evenings ago.My cousin is a tree farmer and has to shoot several each year to keep them from girdling all his trees.I know I feel the same moral obligation to use the meat,but I am not going to judge the other man unless I think he is killing just cause he enjoys it.I have met a few people like that and have no time for them.

Last edited by ZeroJunk; July 23, 2007 at 01:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.03546 seconds with 8 queries