View Single Post
Old January 13, 2014, 10:53 AM   #73
GeauxTigers

So I have 3 different carrying styles I use depending on the day and how snug my pants are. I carry a Glock 32, so it's not quite "full size" but it isn't a pocket pistol neither.

I carry IWB when I have to tuck my shirt in, times when there won't be a whole bunch of running and jumping. For that I like my Galco Tuck at around 2, right in the crease of my right hip. It has a slot in the clip that allows you to tuck your shirt in around an IWB firearm and putting it in the front allows me to stay alert to printing.

For OWB, I use an old Uncle Mikes holster with some foam electrical taped around the clip (for comfort) at the 1 oclock position and wear a Duluth Trading long tailed T or a longer flannel shirt to cover it. At 6'2" it's not suspicious appearing in the least for me to wear a size tall or longer shirt. If I know I'm going to have to bend or kneel or the wind is really blowing I'll tuck the edge of the shirt under the edge of the holster or into my pocket. It does cause some printing but it keeps a full on "flash" from happening.

My favorite way to carry, and the way that I occasionally carry my full sized 1911 is in a shoulder holster underneath one of my many PFG's (fishing shirts) or a button up and light jacket in the fall. For me, the shoulder holster just works. I'm a fairly large fella so my arms drape over it naturally, it doesn't make my pants feel tight, doesn't pull them down, doesn't leave a huge print (unless you bend over and someone is directly behind you), doesn't get accidentally exposed, and I can bend, move, jump, and run without any concerns about where it is and if its showing. I've never been given a second look with my shoulder holster. I'm not sure if your shoulder injury precludes this but if you're already wearing a Hawaiian shirt, you may give it a short trial run and see what you think.

Page generated in 0.03415 seconds with 8 queries