View Single Post
Old January 24, 2013, 07:24 PM   #3
FLGlocker23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaerek View Post
Glad you like it. Just keep shooting. The real fun part is when you start learning more and more, and you see the groups start to tighten up. I'm glad you're going to get your CCW, though I might also recommend taking some kind of defensive handgun class as well. I took one (well, 3 classes, 5 hours a week for 3 weeks) and I learned more in the 500 rounds or so I shot during the class, than the previous 2000 rounds I shot. After taking the class, I came out with a different (but better) stance and grip, and went to shooting buckshot like patterns at 10 yards, to much better, tighter groups.

As always, have fun and keep shooting.
Yeah there is a place here in Orlando that just opened up. They offer real life situational defense training. They sit you in a room and have robbers break in and have you deal with the situation in real time using real guns loaded with "simunation". So it's much more than just how to put a whole in someone's chest, it teaches you how to manage the situation as well. I am definitely putting that on my to do list! That and range, range, range!

Page generated in 0.02675 seconds with 8 queries