View Single Post
Old October 20, 2012, 05:27 PM   #4
JC57

Depending on various state laws, private party sales often don't require a background check, any sort of federal form, or even a bill of sale.

There are buyers out there who are quite happy to purchase guns that are totally untraceable to them, so that could explain why there might be people willing to pay higher than retail even for a used gun.

Also, even for just regular old buyers, there's normally no sales tax between individuals. That can chop 8 or 9 percent off of the total cost compared to buying from a dealer who has to charge that.

Those are most likely the reasons that on-line classified ads for firearms seem to often be overpriced.

That and some people think they deserve to get all of their money back out of a purchase and just aren't willing to adjust to the actual market. I guess if they are not highly motivated to sell then they are just waiting on one of those motivated buyers out there who can't or won't buy through normal retail channels.

And on the original topic - I keep looking for bargains but never see anything I'm looking for show up for sale at a price I'm interested in paying. No bargains here.

Last edited by JC57; October 20, 2012 at 05:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.02186 seconds with 8 queries