View Single Post
Old February 29, 2012, 06:26 AM   #25
hounddawg

Quote:
So if you were going to reload for accuracy, what order of operations would you use? Clean, FL size, polish, chamfer/debur, reload and after that just neck size and hand polish the brass until it needs to be FL sized again?
here is the routine which seems to work really well for me at least. Milage may vary

on new cases I full length resize, make sure the necks are square and a consistent length, chamfer inside and out, primer flash holes are deburred and primer pockets are uniform. After the first firing the first thing I do is run a neck reamer through mine which is a debatable technique. Even on Lapua the neck walls sometimes seem to be off by .001 or so on some cases or have a bit of a doughnut.

after the second firing on I just clean with a paper towel, check neck length, trim and chamfer if necessary, wipe down the necks with some neverdull to remove any carbon, necksize and I have just recently started to clean the primer pockets after every firing.

the key to accurate ammo is a consistent ignition, consistent powder charge, and consistent neck tension. After loading I always check runout on a concentricity tool and tweak to plus to minus .001 or less

Last edited by hounddawg; February 29, 2012 at 07:18 AM.

Page generated in 0.02335 seconds with 8 queries