View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013, 09:47 PM   #15
stephen426

Thanks for the links and the advice. I will check everything out ASAP!

@ Aguilar Blanca,
I know how cooling towers work and I also know about exhausting dirty particles. I am actually in the restaurant business and some of our locations have water wash hoods. Basically the exhaust is blasted into a cascade of water which traps the particles. The heavier particles such as lead will sink to the bottom. My thought is that the water can run over a heat sink and cool incoming air at the same time.

As for the higher powered rounds punching through the back stop, we could use heavier plates. I was even thinking of backing the plate with sand. If it is too much of a hassle, I am seriously considering going handguns or carbines only. We can also limit it to frangible ammo only. I'm not sure how many people shoot rifles indoors anyways since the shorter range isn't much of a challenge. We have looked up other types of back stops so there is no commitment to my initial backstop idea.

@ Glenn Dee,
I have NO interest of opening in North Miami or Aventura. While the wealthy demographics in Aventura are attractive, it is also pretty liberal and probably not very gun friendly. Besides, Pembroke Gun and Range and Big Al's are very close and both are lower priced. I am interested in several areas and would like to create something that can be replicated fairly easily. I think a range just south of Downtown off of US1 would attract people from Coconut Grove, Brickell, and Miami Beach. The second area is South Miami, also off of US1. I am also interested in almost anything off of SR 826 from NW 36 St. South. While the 826/836 intersection is close to Ace's, it is also central to almost everything.

My partner has already done a fair amount of research into the zoning and permitting. In addition, I just found out a friend of mine is a RSCO and we are bringing him into the group. I have wanted to open a range for a long time and I am so excited that my dream may become a reality! Thanks again for all of the encouragement!

Page generated in 0.03333 seconds with 8 queries