View Single Post
Old October 31, 2013, 06:51 PM   #31
WildBill45

I have owned almost every major brand of pistol ... especially duty guns ... over the last 35 years! As a cop I tried to find the PERFECT GUN, and spent thousands to find it ... NEVER DID ... it doesn't exist. I had a Glock, sold it, Sig sold it, Colt sold it, Kimber sold it, Walther sold it, S&W sold it, Detonics sold it, Ruger sold it, Beretta 92 sold it, Wilson CQB sold it, Springfield Custom .45 sold it, and so many others, and multiple models of all the above brands and more! I have had more problems with autos than revolvers ... period, and had just as many wheelguns as autos... I do not have one brand I am totally loyal to as some of the naysayers here on the forum who attack when someone has a problem with anything other than the gun they choose. I shot most the above guns a lot since I was sponsored by ammo makers to shoot in the World Police and Fire Games ... and test them to the max, plus reloaded, etc...

No one brand is perfect, and most are good most of the time! I have had cheap guns like the Makarov be more dependable than custom guns, Every brand of .380 I owned, and that was many not listed here, had issues feeding. I had a new Colt commander in the 70's go full auto on me at a police range. The expensive Springfield .45 was a jamamatic, Walther .380's and Sigs were jammers, and the list goes on and on... The Wilson was perfect during the time I owned it, as was the Beretta 92 and Makarov, my second gen S&W duty gun, first stainless single/double action 9mm was perfect as well although I didn't like it because it pointed low for me, The Glock 17 original was very good, but I didn't keep it long, and my S&W model 19 was my mate!

So lighten up on the negative comments ... I have been to a few rodeos and know the rough side of the dirt ... OK?

To those who have understanding of all of the above, thanks for the helpful comments...

Hope to have a happy update soon. I will put the mag release through hundreds of dry runs before shooting again...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

"If Ands and Buts were Candy and Nuts, everyday would be like Christmas"

Last edited by WildBill45; October 31, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

Page generated in 0.03448 seconds with 8 queries