View Single Post
Old August 8, 2009, 03:25 PM   #14
dosjoel

Got the G-17 using the GSSF discount coupon

Hi all,

When I joined GSSF ($35) they mailed me a request from for a Glock discount coupon. After sending it in I received my discount coupon in the mail only a couple weeks at most after I applied for it.

Within a few days I was at Chealer than Dirt (the only LE outlet I could find around DFW). Although the coupon said a G-17 would be $398, CTD charged $419 but they added an extra full cap mag to make up for the $21 difference, which was fine by me.

Yesterday I went to the Bass Pro range and tried it out with three mags of range ammo at 115, 124 and 147 grain, plus a few JHPs and +Ps. I was very pleased with the results. I shot from 21 feet and 45 feet a series of 5 shots at each 3" Shoot-N-C target using the three different types of ammo. While the results varied they were not so substantial that I could not attribute it to chance as I was shooting two handed w/o a rest. That said, the 147 grain Fiocchis seemed to group a little tighter when comparting the targets.

One great trick I learned on this site was to release the Glock trigger only until it "clicks" after the first shot and fire from there on each succeeding shot. This had an excellent effect and made the trigger more controlable and seemingly lighter and more manageable.

Well, just wanted to let you know that your help paid off and perhaps I can be of benefit to someone in the future.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg g17 005webfix.jpg (45.6 KB, 3493 views)
God is forgotten and the Soldier slighted." - Anonymous Soldier.

Page generated in 0.02384 seconds with 9 queries