View Single Post
Old August 4, 2011, 07:08 PM   #28
tahunua001

Quote:
Is it possible that the contiued hunting of predators like coyotes, bears and mountain lions has contributed to the increase of the hog population? Not too many bears or mountain lions in Texas, but coyotes seem to be a favorite target of ranchers. My dad has some guys from Arkansas to run them with dogs every so often, but the hogs always come back after a few weeks. Those seem to be more of the domestic bloodline. Haven't seen too many with the elongated noses. So maybe it depends on the region of the country if they interbreed with the Russians.
not to act like a know it all and my last intention is to start flinging dung but from what I'm seeing it's a 200 pound hog with up to 4 inch tusks vs a 60 pound coyote with 1 inch teeth. coyotes are mostly scavengers by nature but love livestock just because they have lost most of their survival skills, after 3 or 4 generations I would suspect that any animal would start to revert back to it's natural survival instincts.

also they start breeding at 6 months and can have up to 4 litters a year that can have up to a dozen piglets per litter, they're worse than rabbits

Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 8 queries