View Single Post
Old June 6, 2011, 06:40 PM   #1
PunchinPaper

S&W 586 Lock up issues

I took my S&W 586 357 mag to the range the other day. I fired off a couple rounds in single action as I usually enjoy touching off the slick single action trigger on this one! I cocked back the hammer and squeezed her off only to get a CLICK , so I keep the muzzle pointed down range for about 30 seconds. Thinking I just encountered a misfire from bad ammo. I swing the cylinder open. And I get a disturbing sight. My firing pin struck the rim of the casing about a 1/16 or so from the primer. I then unload the revolver ,close the cylinder and cock the hammer back to find out it's not locking up correctly.
I continued doing this a couple of times , I turned the cylinder manually (by hand) it locked into place. Once it's locked in place it will rotate when cocked and lock up correctly (sometimes ).So until i can get this problem resolved, i have a deep blued paper weight! This gun hasn't been sent in for the 586 Recall (cylinder binding/primer piercing ), Does this create/contribute to the problem above? I figured i would ask here before i send it back to S&W for the recall repair. If its a easy fix i may do it myself. If not ill see what S&W has to say about it . Any info is appreciated

Page generated in 0.03199 seconds with 8 queries