View Single Post
Old January 16, 2007, 03:30 PM   #19
JoshB

I've thought this out several times in my head. Here is what I would do...

Quote:
So you're walking out of a gas station towards your car. It's 0130, and it's dark. A man walks up asking for some change.
"Sorry, I'm a little short tonight." Keep walking to the car with one eye on him, the other looking for the execution of "plan b."

Quote:
now he's asking for some real cash or even a ride someplace. He's moving closer to you and being very persistent.
Either 1) With a stern look, "Hey man, I don't have anything for you!" Keeping both eyes on him, free dominant hand/arm just in case you need to grab your pistol [ hand should be free to begin with, but maybe you have some milk, etc in your hand].

OR, 2) If the situation was such as determined necessary [nothing fits one of these cookie cutter scenerio's], grabbing the grip of my pistol with same stern look, "Hey man, I don't want any problems!"

Quote:
Now he's showing his true face. He pulls a weapon and demands all of your money, you phone, and your keys.
See my response for the second step.

If I went with 1), then, with a compliant look, "Sure thing, let me grab my wallet," as I smoothly draw my pistol and proceed to end the threat...

If I went with 2), [he already know's I'm armed] I quickly draw and end the threat...

At this point, deadly force is clearly authorized. In 1), you show compliance untill you can gain the advantage. In 2), you proceed in the escalation of force you already established.

Quote:
What about an unarmed mugger?
I grab my pistol, let him know I mean business, and if I feel as if my/someone else's life is threatened, I end the threat...

Page generated in 0.02502 seconds with 8 queries