View Single Post
Old February 27, 2005, 11:49 AM   #5
Ozzieman

If you think you might be interested GO TO A MATCH

I have been shooting guns of one type or another for over 30 years and 7 years ago a friend talked me into to going to an SAS of America, one of the smartest and most fun things I have ever gotten into.
You can be serious or just have fun, we have several people in our group that have as much money in cloths as guns.
2 years ago we had a couple that came to our show in a chuck wagon with horses and set up an 1880's kitchen and served food. "COOL"
In my years of shooting I can say this, people you meet at a range are the best people in the world, but those dressed up as cowboys and cowgirls are the best of the best.
I shoot precussion rep colt, lever action rifle and a double shotgun. There is nothing more fun than shooting a cap and ball black powder inside. We had one shoot several years ago that one of the sets was inside, they made me wait and shoot last.
The shoot was in a bar like sene, indoors range, (Water no wiskey) there was a shot glas and a bottle, you had one gun on the bar and one in the hoslter.
You pored a drink took it, shot your gun 5 times, took another drink and shot 5 times again.
They were making fun of me before I shot, since I wouldnt be able to see after the second round. I asked the range officer if I could moove. he said as long as I stayed facing the target and stood close to the bar no problem.
I took the drink and then shot, took two steps right shot, two the shot. That way I could see between rounds.
FUN FUN FUN

Page generated in 0.02431 seconds with 8 queries