View Single Post
Old November 3, 2012, 12:03 AM   #8
rock185

WIN1886, I have owned quite a few Hi Powers since about '66-'67. I can recall breaking exactly one firing pin stop, and wearing out no internal parts. My most recent Hi Power, a 2009 version, did seem to have more MIM or cast internal parts, but nothing broke or wore. In fact, I installed a C&S hammer and retained the factory cast? sear. I didn't have thousands of rounds through it, but experienced no problems. A family member now has the gun, and I'm sure he will let me know if there are any parts wear or failure issues. I have some other guns with cast, MIM parts, etc, and none of those parts appear to be soft, or have worn or broken, so far as I can tell. In fact MIM and cast parts seem very hard, rather than soft to me. Seems like SIGs of the last several years are using more and more cast and/or MIM parts too. I've had no trouble with those either. I realize there are some very high quality aftermarket parts available for the Hi Powers, 1911s, etc. I use some myself, but as of yet, have had no problem with factory cast or MIM parts. I still own and shoot a few Hi Powers, and am not losing any sleep about their durability...ymmv

Page generated in 0.02764 seconds with 8 queries