Thread: Deer Season
View Single Post
Old August 5, 2011, 01:51 AM   #9
SteelChickenShooter

Range Report

I made a coarse dial in at the range yesterday morning and had good results using my old ammo: Federal Vital-Shok conventional 170gr blunted tip rounds. I began with two shots 5 inches left at 40 yards. I set the Leupold 12.5 MOA right times 40% equals 5 inches correction and fired three more rounds. I was 1.5 inches high and the three holes were covered with a dime on center.
I'm ready for the next visit: load the LeverEvolution ammo and move the target back to 100 yards. My beef might be the scope. It seems fine for actual deer hunting. Easy enough to fit a deer in the crosshairs even out to 200 yards. But for zeroing at the range, the 2-7X power is a bit weak viewing holes on paper. A 3-9X would work better. For now I'll stick with the 2-7X and make sure I don't leave my spotting scope at home next time out. For those of you that hunt deer and say people can have mixed results with this ammo- please check back. I'll report just exactly what I did or did not accomplish next range visit.

Page generated in 0.02505 seconds with 8 queries