View Single Post
Old August 6, 2009, 09:02 PM   #20
44 AMP
Staff

At the risk of starting a Walmart bash...

Don't buy your gear from WalMart! I know you are in the military, and every dollar is hard earned, but, try going to a gunshop, or sporting goods store, or even any other store that sells guns, and shop there.

You may wind up spending a few extra dollars for a particular gun, but it is money well spent, because it helps keep the little shops in business.

Too many people, in their obsessive desire to save $5, or 10 or 20 bucks will buy guns from Wal mart, and congratulate themselves on how much they saved, and what a great deal they got, then blow the money they "saved" on a pizza. Or something else even less permanent!

When the little dealers go under, because everyone buys from Walmart, and then Walmart decides to stop selling guns/ammo, what do you/we do then?

Also, consider that buying from a local gunshop means that your money stays in the local economy, and doesn't go to China to buy more cheap stuff to stock walmart shelves.

I shop at WalMart for lots of things, but guns aren't one of them. ANd lately, neither has ammo been one either. Because they don't have any! I was in my local store Tuesday, and they had one (1) box of .44 mag for pistol ammo. Period. Nothing else on the shelves. Five boxes of rifle ammo, in three different calibers. But they did have lots of shotgun shells, still.

Page generated in 0.02073 seconds with 8 queries