View Single Post
Old September 28, 2013, 06:25 AM   #14
Dwight55

I would hope that as your situation played out due to cool heads, a non agressive stance / actions, etc, . . . the same would happen with me. I would have tried pretty much the same tactic.

OTOH, . . . (and if I were armed), . . . if it didn't work, . . . I would take it upon myself, . . . not involving any of the other folks, . . . to simply separate myself from the group. I would turn slightly to the right, and begin walking in an obviously intended pattern to flank him to his left.

At the same time, . . . I would be reaching for my weapon, . . . not running, . . . not threatening, . . . not talking, . . . just very deliberately moving and drawing.

He would not see the weapon until he attacked or displayed his weapon, . . . whereupon actions would result in my repelling his threat.

My action would also be designed to let the other guys with me be my eyes on what that thing is he has in his concealed hand. He either gets fully flanked and displayed, . . . or he backs down, . . . or he attacks.

The man was obviously looking for a brawl, . . . and sensed he had bit off more than he could chew in your scenario. Problem is, . . . in a lot of these types of cases, . . . that realization doesn't usually come until they are down for the count, . . . and if they have been playing with drugs or alcohol during the preceeding hours, . . . any delay on your part, . . . may make you a victim instead of the victor.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.03440 seconds with 8 queries