View Single Post
Old October 27, 2010, 07:32 AM   #8
Sevens

This debate has been done many times by many participants.

From my own corner, I once put 100 straight rounds of cast lead through my Glock 29 with OEM barrel to find zero leading. The load was a 200 grain LTC made by D&J pushed by a moderate charge of Power Pistol. A midrange load, warmer than chump factory 10mm (like Hydra-Shock) but not scorching like something from Buffalo Bore. Similar to Winchester's Silvertip.

One part of the debate that sounds rational is that the lead bullets won't engage the polygonal rifling and will skip & skid down the bore.

Where I get curious is when I ask -- where is all that lead supposed to "build up" and cause problems? There's no nooks and crannies for lead to sit in inside a factory Glock barrel. It's so smooth, there's no valleys or deep rifling grooves to fill with lead.

Seems to at least appear me like any lead that might be shaved and deposited in the bore is simply going to fall out or easily blow out with each and every shot.

And my own testing showed no lead left in the bore after 100 rounds.

Page generated in 0.03316 seconds with 8 queries