View Single Post
Old February 21, 2009, 02:17 AM   #1
adam0bomb

freak muzzleloader loading accident

on November 29th 2008 i had a severe muzzleloader accident.i was sighting in my knight wolverine with a new 209 primer conversion kit.i was using pryrodex pellets with regular 50 cal lead balls.on my third reload i did the normal loadup with at least 5 min waiting time between shots(walking 60 yards too the target too see shot placements).....i loaded 2 50 gram blackpowder pellets..then patch with bore butter after putting the ball in with the starter i then used my rod to push the ball down to the charge area.as soon as i reach the powder the gun imediatly fired,sending part of the rod and the ball through my right hand horizontaly and clipping my left middle finger and flying past my face leaving powder burn on my neck and chin.i now have very minimal use of my dominate right hand and severely damaged left middle finger after going to the hospital i learned from the police and gathered friends and 2 witnesses that were there,that the gun was on safty both action and lever and that the breach was still open.was the cause of this the new 209 kit and possibly not engineered well enough for this gun?or possibly a freak accident?i have used muzzle loading guns and this particular gun since i was at least 10 years old.

Page generated in 0.02871 seconds with 8 queries