View Single Post
Old July 3, 2012, 01:37 PM   #6
misterE

Thanks for all the replies guys.

At first when he told me he had a 410 pump, I was thinking it would be a great first gun for my son someday (he's 4 now). Then, when I saw what it was, that idea went out the window. I rarely ever shoot skeet and never competitively, so this gun would be mainly a collector, and occasional squirrel gun. I like to play the horses and whenever I hit a good lick, I buy guns. Ties my money up in something I love that in most cases appreciates in value. I hit the trifecta in the Kentucky derby, and haven't bout any guns yet, so this is good timing.

I know there are better 410 s out there for sure, but man the more I research this one, the more I want it. Before I shot it, I was thinking of offering 1000, but now I think I'm going to have a smith look at it and see what it would take to get it to function reliably. I don't mind having collectible guns that sit in the safe most of the time, but I definitely want to be able to shoot them whenever I want too.

So, I'm thinking around 700 now. (of course this would be contingent on what the smith says)

So, what's yall s opinion. Think that's reasonable? Am I way over thinking this? I already asked him what he wants for it and he told me just make an offer.

Thanks, Daniel

Page generated in 0.02186 seconds with 8 queries